Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The First of The Overhanging

Eric Jerome

         On Sunday, I went back to the boulders. I really need a name for the area. Anyways, I decided to explore the opposite side of the river in greater detail. I had a very hard time crossing the river and in the future will need to construct a bridge. Once I crossed I hiked up to the first boulders in sight. I first came upon a blank sideways set of rocks stacked which could have some interesting compression problems. I am pretty sure that some critters resided inside and have decided to stay away from those rocks until I have a few friends to bring along with me. Next to that, there are three boulders overhanging at about 45 degrees aligned running up a hill with very nice landings. I worked on the choss on the lowest boulder and got most of it off including a huge jug at the top which came off after putting my weight on it. A crimp was in its place and will probably make the boulder a lot harder than it was with the jug. I think that there can be some pretty hard climbs on these overhanging sections. I found all this in the very first part of the other side of the river and can't wait to see the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment