Monday, November 4, 2013

An Amazing Long Weekend

Eric Jerome

            Today I went back to the Binary Boulder and continued cleaning.  I have gotten most of the moss of but need a good rain to rid the boulder of the loads of dirt from the moss before I can climb. I did try to find some sequence in the maze of crimps and slopers. Hopefully, there will be some climbs V5-V10. Although, if there aren't I'm positive there will be plenty in the massive amount of stone in this new boulder field.

            Today was a great day at practice despite being sore from the rigorous weekends activities.  I started projecting a V10. I have not tried many V9's, and had tried no V10's but this was my style and I was psyched to do about 4 of the moves after an hour. I think I may politely ask the routesetters to set me a V9 my style (large powerful moves on pinches) for me to project. I've now realized that when I project V8s, for example, it is usually only one, maybe two moves that I cannot do and the rest are fairly easy for me. I am not getting much better doing to same climb over and over just to fall off on the same move. I have decided that for now on I will only project grades at my limit. I believe that this will make a significant difference in my climbing. On a somewhat related note, I am excited to learn that during practice now we will be focusing on our individual weaknesses. For me being finger strength and power endurance. Hopefully, this will make a good opportunity to get my fingers strong enough to really send hard outdoors. I am ready to push my climbing to the next level and with regionals a month away and my new boulder field ready to be purged I am more psyched than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment