Saturday, November 23, 2013

Nicodemus Cont.

Eric Jerome

       Today we went out to climb the boulder previously stated. By "we" I am referring to John Isola, Chris Watts, Gabe Mckenzie and I.  We came after practice so we already a tad burnt out but we were still psyched to climb. It took us a a number of phone calls and text messages before we got some decent beta for the boulders and started trying them. Right Hand of the Leper is now said to be V10. We all tried that for a while but only Gabe continued really. The rest of us chalked up some holds to the left and put up a V5 with a name yet to be determined. The FA was by Chris, seconded by John, and third by myself. It was a really cool climb with a pretty big first move with a high foot to a small crimp. Then you bump to another crimp, get your food on the start, cross to a tiny crimp and hop out to a juggy finish.  After we did that we were all pretty burned and knew we wouldn't really make much progress on the 10 and definitely no progress on the 12. Gabe continued trying for a while and on probably around his 15th attempt he finished it as the second ascent.  We filmed with a GoPro on a pole the whole day and I am planning on compiling a short video of the day. It was pretty sweet and I'm psyched to go try the 10 again when I'm fresh and my skin is decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment