Friday, November 22, 2013

Nicodemus

Eric Jerome

        I went down to the boulder that I had seen on so many bus rides in Reisterstown after an exam today. Considering its placement on a lonely road with no other rocks nearby as hiked up to it I was astonished to see chalk on all the holds already. I was a bit disappointed because I thought that I had discovery this great rock myself but obviously that was not the case. However, since it was already cleaned it did mean that I did not have to spend time doing that myself. The boulder is about 60 degrees overhanging and has about 4 or 5 small crimps straight up it. I immediately knew that it would be a hard climb. I was thinking V8 to V14 originally. Short after I had to leave and head home. Later, I posted about the rock on Facebook. To my surprise, Tim Rose, an insanely strong climber from my neck of the woods, commented saying that I should check out another boulder with two established lines near Nicodemus Road. It was the same boulder and he notified me that his line up the middle is a V12 called Nicodemus and Fernando also has a V8 called Right Hand of the Leper to the right of that. I'm psyched to go out there tomorrow with my buddies Gabe McKenzie and John Isola to try to send the 8 and make some good effort on the 12. Psyched to have a boulder close to home to project that is already cleaned for me unlike all the others I'm working on! Happy sending!

No comments:

Post a Comment