Sunday, November 2, 2014

Midnight Burn

            Yesterday was the 19th annual Midnight Burn competition at PRG Oaks. The competition is known for bringing in big names such as Magnus Mitboe, Matt Bosley, Nick Picarella, Vasya Vorotnikov, and Brian Kim. I competed in youth in the morning and although I felt pretty out of my element and not super strong I still was able to win my category. I then planned to put my scorecard through to Open and try to make finals, but unlike years previous this was no longer allowed. Apparently I was only allowed to compete in one or the other, not both. I still decided to stick around and watch the show, although after adult redpoint I was very frustrated to see that if they had allowed me to put my score in I would have qualified for the open final against some of my climbing role models. For whatever reason Vasya and Charlie, who had RSVP to show up did not come, but Brian Kim, Nick Pic, and Sol, were all there to crush, as well as other strong dudes. Watching those 3 in finals was insane and extremely motivating. I have a lot to look forward to and to train for! ABS season is moving along nicely, I plan on going up to atleast one darkhorse series, and I have officially planned a weeklong trip to Stone Fort this winter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment